POSTPONED and NEW DATE is TBD|
Sai Kung East Country Park
Leave No Trace Trainer
"Participants in the two-day Trainer Course learn Leave No Trace skills and ethics as well as techniques for educating others about these low impact practices...Graduates of a Trainer Course are prepared to offer Leave No Trace Awareness Workshops to their community."
Time & Location
POSTPONED and NEW DATE is TBD
Sai Kung East Country Park, Pak Lap Wan, Hong Kong
About the event
A Leave No Trace Trainer course is a modified version of a Leave No Trace Master Educator course. The Trainer course is shorter, less comprehensive, and less expensive to conduct than a Master Educator course. Like Master courses, Leave No Trace Trainer courses emphasize skills and techniques essential to Leave No Trace minimal impact outdoor ethics and education. This two-day course is designed for individuals who will be teaching Leave No Trace Awareness Workshops. This course will focus on the specifics of offering Awareness Workshops. Through classroom discussions, lectures, and a two-day outing trip this course will cover the seven Leave No Trace principles and discuss outdoor ethics, as well as give the participants tools and techniques for disseminating low-impact skills to recreationists.
- Core Components:
- Course instruction length is a minimum of 16 hours, with 10 hours occuring in outdoor-backcountry settings. One night camping is recommended.
- Purpose and scope of a Leave No Trace Trainer
- Principles, ethics, and scientific foundations of Leave No Trace
- Teaching and instruction skills that incorporate addressing diverse learners
- Student led-sessions (minimum of one per student)
- Overview of the national Leave No Trace Center program
- Role and function of the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics